Friday 31 January 2014

Jennifer Lawrence hearts Damian Lewis.

Homeland. It's one of the best television series of recent years. I have been hooked from the first episode; is Brody a terrorist? Awk, he's alright. NO! He's totally a terrorist. Will Carrie ever stop making really stupid, spur-of-the-moment decisions that have us screaming at our TV sets? Is Saul the terrorist!?!? There were many questions and my biggest question at the minute is when is the next season gonna be out!?

Aside from my obsession with Homeland, there was one video that sparked fury and sympathy among Jennifer Lawrence fans everywhere. As someone who has gone through the intense twists and turns of all three seasons, anyone who threatened to spoil an episode for me were immediately put on a high risk list; meaning that until I had watched a particular episode, I did not communicate at all with said person.

Unfortunately for Jennifer, she had no idea that she would be interviewed (I use that term lightly because she did not ask Jen any questions but just led her round the red carpet of the SAG Awards spoiling life) by the spoiler Queens of entertainment TV.

Anyway! This video got me thinking about Damian and my current reading project, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. The book is a maze of metaphors and philosophical theories, but the main character is a man named Howard Roark. The book begins with Roark as a troubled youth, expelled from college but possessing more natural talent and passion than most of his classmates. Upon falling further down the rabbit hole that is this novel I wanted to research it more. This led me to the IMDb page of the film; made in 1949 starring Patricia Neal and Gary Cooper as the two leads, so to speak. As a fairly unknown film, it was a flop at the time, mostly due to many production problems and the fact the book is far quite racy at times and deals with difficult subjects which definitely couldn't have been handled back in the '40s.

Then it hit me. A remake of The Fountainhead with Damian Lewis as Roark and Jennifer Lawrence as the unyielding, scary and stunningly beautiful Dominique Francon (a kind of love interest, but a character in her own right). It's perfect! Lewis fits the character profile of Roark, and Lawrence gets to work with Brody! Which begs one question....



No comments:

Post a Comment